Canadian Women & Sport is seeking a motivated, sales-driven Manager, Revenue Growth & Partnerships. This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing & Growth and works closely with staff, contractors, committees, and other external stakeholders.
The Manager, Revenue Growth & Partnerships will take a lead role in growing and diversifying our revenue streams, building and strengthening partnerships, and supporting the development of marketing strategies related to revenue and partnerships. They have strong project management skills, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and are comfortable managing and connecting relationships across a variety of organization types. They are able to bring an intersectional lens to their work, reflecting diversity, equity and inclusion.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is excited by generating leads and securing opportunities on a consistent basis. They can build proposals and work independently, and thrive on relationship management and creating win-win opportunities. They are ambitious in their own goals and continuously seek new ways to work with partners.
The successful candidate will join a team that is deeply committed to producing measurable change while also enjoying the process. At Canadian Women & Sport, we have a supportive, collaborative culture that prioritizes community and connection. We embrace continuous learning and innovation, and invest in the growth and development of every team member to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. We strive to live our core values in everything we do.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Revenue Generation & Growth
- Secure new major funding for the organization from corporate and fee-for-service sales. Key activities include lead generation, pipeline development, relationship management, and developing opportunities.
- Develop, manage and track customer journey and conversion strategies, including driving growth through a combination of creative strategy, campaign optimization and online growth tactics.
- Partner closely with creative and communications team members to develop and implement marketing strategies to support revenue and partnership opportunities.
- Work closely to align revenue strategies with the Director of Marketing & Growth and the CEO.
- Build and strengthen relationships with strategic partners including government, National Sport Organizations and Provincial/Territorial partners.
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization at events and conferences, nurturing a network of relevant relationships.
- Provide recommendations to organizations looking for deeper engagement with Canadian Women & Sport with a focus on generating greater shared value.
- Initiate direct engagement with system stakeholders to offer defined program support and consulting that advances gender equity.
- Work with partners to develop measurement and evaluation strategies for gender equity activities.
- Facilitate connections between existing women and sport networks, organizations, and work across the country.
- Advise on shared messaging among system actors for women and girls.
- Gather insights from partners and stakeholders to inform planning and decisions for provincial and national activities in collaboration with the programs team.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to build and implement high performing revenue generation strategies that increase conversions.
- Strong affinity for sales, with proven ability to independently originate and close multi-year deals with corporate partners.
- Experience applying an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to get points/ideas across in a succinct and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and deliver high quality, results-focused initiatives that meet organizational and funder expectations.
- Ability to connect national and regional priorities.
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches, and relationship management.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and comfortable managing multiple work streams at once with high attention to detail.
- Experience working or volunteering in the Canadian sport and physical activity system is an asset.
- Proven experience working with and optimizing the use of CRMs (Salesforce specifically a bonus) to develop and manage pipelines, reporting, and relationship management.
- Experience working with other digital tools such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Zoom, and Submittable or equivalents.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is a strong asset.
- Salary Range: $70,000-$78,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
- Location: GTA/Toronto, work-from-home with frequent in-person engagements. The full Canadian Women & Sport team is remote across Canada.
We provide equal opportunity for all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law. Self-identification by candidates in the process is completely voluntary. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com if you require reasonable accommodation to complete this application. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply is November 30, 2022. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume on Submittable to the attention of Allison Sandmeyer-Graves, CEO.
ABOUT CANADIAN WOMEN & SPORT
Canadian Women & Sport is a national non-profit dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to challenge the status quo and build better sport through gender equity.